Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

No Challenge

The libel case was unfortunately less of a challenge than I anticipated. Let that be a lesson to you, my faithful followers. When you are completely innocent, you will be vindicated through our legal system.

Unfortunately Destiny’s daddy has chosen to hound me indiscriminately in an attempt to share in my wealth, ironically to the point of ensuring his own financial demise. I mean him no harm, but I must question his sanity at this point.

My book, If She Did It, tells the story of a female serial killer named Daphne Blain in a fictionalized account of the Satin Strangler murders. To suggest that the killer represents Destiny Blande is actually a commentary on her presumed guilt. The libel suit suggests that Destiny’s own father is certain of her guilt in the strangulation murders of more than 100 men.

So many people in our society, from the media to the masses, believe that Destiny is guilty of the Satin Strangler murders. That is no fault of mine. In fact, I strove diligently to prove her innocence in the criminal trial. I have no intention of capitalizing on her otherwise presumed guilt with the upcoming sale of my book. If that is the result, however, then so be it.

My book has nearly outperformed Harry Potter in pre-sales on Amazon. This exceeds acceptability for a Yale lawyer with a passion for writing. The libel suit interrupted my pre-sale tour, but next month the full print book will finally be available in stores nationwide, just in time for Christmas stockings. I will be appearing in several stores in the northeast, starting with Sea View, NJ, signing books for fans.

I would like to express my personal and heartfelt gratitude to Destiny’s daddy for all of the press generated by his frivolous libel suit. As an author, there is always a subliminal concern that your efforts will not be a paramount success as interest in a subject wanes. Luckily he has ensured the utmost relevance of my book as it hits the stands.

This is also a splendid opportunity to confirm reports that I am exploring opportunities to bring the book to Broadway. I am certain that, unlike all of you who will cherish the thought of seeing this tale on stage, Destiny’s daddy will find some reason to begrudge its success and hinder my progress. Any such attempts would come as no surprise and result in monumental failure, pursuant to his efforts to date.

-----

This is post #67 in The Satin Strangler Blogs (TSSB).

Read the next post in TSSB.
 
Start TSSB from the first blog post.

See links to all 105 posts in TSSB.

“Like” TSSB on Facebook.

If you are enjoying this free and unique online reading experience, please tell your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment